You'll need to create an account to apply. By creating an account you'll be able to save and resume the application at a later time if needed.
Community Placemaking Grants for Quality of Life Projects
The Community Placemaking Grants are designed to fund quality of life projects that will help strengthen the connection between our citizens and the spaces at our community's heart. The program aims to support a broad range of local organizations by offering grants for projects that will create conditions and opportunities for our community members to lead fulfilling lives.
Empowering local organizations to enrich community spaces, fostering connections, and fulfilling lives through targeted grants.
Quality of Life Projects are initiatives that significantly enhance the well-being of Brownsville's residents and visitors by enriching the community's cultural, recreational, and aesthetic attributes. These projects aim to create a more vibrant, inclusive, and sustainable environment where people can live, work, play, and invest with improved health, happiness, and satisfaction. These projects are characterized by their potential to make a substantial and lasting impact on the area's socio-economic development, fostering a sense of pride and enhancing the overall living conditions for a wide range of demographics in Brownsville.
While the list below serves as a broad reference, eligible projects are not limited to these examples. These categories are designed to guide potential applicants in framing their projects, but BCIC is open to considering other innovative and community-enhancing proposals. The final decision regarding the funding of a project lies in the competent hands of a designated board and the city commission, who will evaluate each proposal on its merits and alignment with the overarching goals of enhancing the quality of life in Brownsville. All applications are subject to funding availability.
Eligible Activities & Grant Priorities
- Community Infrastructure and Beautification
- Technology and Innovation
- Recreational and Sports Facilities
- Cultural, Tourism and Historic Preservation
- Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Education and Skill Development
- Safety and Accessibility Improvements
- Environmental Sustainability
- Destination Retail and Entertainment
Grant Funding Amount & Process
- There is no minimum or maximum grant award; however, considering applications is subject to funding availability.
- The grant award amount is subject to Board approval and may be less than requested. All funding decisions by the Board will be based on the project, its scope, impact on the community, evaluation criteria, and any other factors the Board determines.
- The Board may, at its discretion, require a match from the applicant. The match amount will depend on the project, scope, total cost, and any other factors the Board determines.
- The match may include the following:
- Other funding sources or grants obtained by the applicant.
- Land that is being utilized for the project. The total land value must be included in the application.
- Funding from the applicant.
- In-kind donations are not considered part of the match.
- Eligible Expenditures: Expenditures are limited to items associated with buildings, equipment, facilities, targeted infrastructure, and improvements.
- Grant Disbursement: This program offers reimbursable grants for eligible activities. If the application is approved, the applicant must first incur and pay for qualified expenses and then submit documentation to BCIC for reimbursement upon project completion. Please refer to the Program Agreement for detailed information about submitting reimbursement requests and the documentation required.
|Application Available||Application Deadline||Award Notification|
|Cycle 1: October 3, 2023||November 10, 2023||February 2024|
|Cycle 2: January 1, 2024||March 1, 2024||June 2024|
|Cycle 3: May 1, 2024||July 1, 2024||October 2024|
Download the guidelines and get all the details about the required documents, eligible projects, and the application, and award process.
A quick reference guide to the program.